Sunday, November 18, 2012

LEFT INSIDE: Wisconsin Boating Pamphlet

This is may be the largest item I've ever found in a book. Sorry I can't tell you which book though.  It's a 12 page pamphlet measuring 7 1/4" by 3 1/2", that folds out like a map. The first four pages (no photos show in this post) describe how to get a boat registered, where to place the registration info on the boat, a list of what craft are allowed and during what hours, a list of the types of fire extinguishers, and lifesaving and safety info.  I chose to take photos only of the actual boating laws and rules.  Though not dated I would guess this comes from between 1950 and 1969 based on the design, front illustration and the fonts used.

You'll have to click on each image to enlarge it in order to read anything. Enjoy!






My favorite suggestion for safety -- whether you are a boater or not -- "Keep an alert lookout!"

2 comments:

  1. I think the pamphlet has to be post-1963 because the address includes a zip code.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite was a postcard dating from the 1920 at a seaside resort that said. Had a good time. Weather was fine. I returned intact!

    ReplyDelete